Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Another of my favorite things....

Who does not love metal? Wrought iron and cast iron. Not sure what it is but I love it. I have this andiron out my great grandparents house.


Isn't it beautiful?



I used to cruise the garbage dump's metal bin for treasures. Once I found two panels which the piece in the following picture was a part of. I love the morrocan shape of it. I also found an iron table and several chairs. Which I got for $3. Sweet!


Which brings me to this latest project. I was inspired the other day. I bought this old metal outdoor light for $2 a couple years ago. I thought I would use it for an outdoor candle holder but didn't get around to it.

I had these little blocks of wood with great detail that I bought the last time I was home for $3 each.

So I attached the metal light base to the wood and voila.


What do you think? How do you feel about metal?

No comments:

Post a Comment