Thursday, March 24, 2011

My Bedroom!

My bedroom...you have seen a bit of it before.  It has been evolving since I bought the $10 shelve which caused many other changes.  As you enter to the immediate left is the infamous shelf. It is filled with silver, birds, nests, cloches, sea shells, driftwood, and rocks.


You will see my mantle on the next wall.  I love this old chunk of wood on top.  It is flanked on the left with some old doors that came from my Great Grandmother's parent's home and the screen door I bought a month ago.  You will see the little chabby chic wicker shelf I got last week at Goodwill.  An aged column table gives a great bit of architecture and above are several shabby chic frames and my butterfly window. 



As you enter the room straight ahead is my bed which I purchased a couple years ago at World Market and I love its tall headboard. My bed is flanked by tables on both sides. On the far side of the bed is a chaise....don't love the material on it but love the shape and size. 


The Euro Shams you see in these pictures are from Pottery Barn and I bought them brand new in the package from a Habitat Homestore along with a feather bed topper.



Well this looks crooked in the picture but I think I just took the picture crooked.  It is one of the old frames I bought a while back and the print has birds that I purchased recently at TJ Maxx. 


Remember I spray painted the lamp silver?  Well now I think I need a shade that is darker and more texture so I am contemplating covering the shae with burlap.    This little table has a secret compartment.  It looks like it has 3 drawers right?  The top "drawer" actually spins 180 degrees and I think it was a sewing table because there are what looks like little posts you could set spools of thread on.  It was in my Great Grandmother's bedroom as long as I could remember. 

On the opposite wall from the chaise is a dresser I dug out of the barn at my grandmother's. It was Flamingo Pink!  I keep thinking about painting it but I am not sure if I should or not. 



The last piece is an old stereo that used to sit in my Great Grandmother's eat in kitchen.  I remember actually listening to it.  I recently painted it becase the veneer was coming loose even though I rarely moved it. I painted it black and wanted to leave the radio open so I can see and appreciate it. Currently it has my tv on it. 


My mom has a huge armoire that is going to have to be incorporated in my room soon.  Boy that is going to mean some major shifting!

Next the bathroom....love the wall color. Look at the ceiling! 

I had this done last summer bead board with crown molding.  I love it!  Next is a light fixture I picked up at Home Depot for $25.00 ....I liked it better installed than in the store!





Again here khaki, white, black.  I don't like much decor  in the bathroom.  I do have this little ledge, a small shelf, and below the medicine cabinet.


My Dad took this out of an old house that was being remodeled.  It is not old but a great piece and free!

This is the base cabinet that came with it.  The counter top I got for free from a friend.  It was in a dormer window as a desk top.  It is formica and has done the job.  I would love to get a piece of granite to go on the cabinet.
I would love to eventually put beadboard on my bedroom ceiling.  I hope you enjoyed the tour. I know I love peaking in on all your home tours. 
See you soon.


I am starting my own booth at a local fleamarket store so I am busy preparing for that.  I want to give a shout out to the blogs where much of you all are visiting from. 

Top 10 Referrals since I have had my blog up are ......



1.  Funky Junk Interiors
2.  The Shabby Chic Cottage
3.  Romantic Home
4.  A Stroll Thru Life
5.  Coastal Charm
6.  Apron Thrift Girl
7.  Between Naps on the Porch
8.  Faded Charm Cottage
9.  House in Roses
10. Savvy Southern Style

Thanks to all of you fellow bloggers who have answered my questions and helped me learn how all this works.  Also shout outs to my follows at last count there are 28 of you all!  Love ya! All of you inspire me!

7 comments:

  1. I so need one of those butterfly pillows. Great blog--connie, measuredbytheheart.blogspot.com
    New follower btw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your lovely room at my Open House party. I love the seashells and your beadboard ceiling. The frame with the little bird print inside is adorable.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I adore your seashell collection ~ swoon!

    I am currently hosting an auction of vintage and antique linen treasures. Stop by and take a peek.

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have put together wonderful vignettes in your rooms...i especially love the beadboard and crown molding...thanks for linking up to fridays unfolded!

    blessings,

    alison
    stuff and nonsense

    ReplyDelete
  5. That beadboard is fabulous and you have really created a charming space full of character! Thank you so much for sharing this at Inspiration Friday this week!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lot to take in! I have to tell you I love the old furniture! that 180 degrees side table this is super!
    and I love how you did the old radio cabinet.
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your room is lovely, so much charm! Love the bathroom also great cabinet, free is always good. Youv'e done a great job at finding good buys!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete