Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Burlap and Chalkboards!

Do you remember this frame I purchased a couple weeks ago?  You know you don't see that many oval frames.  I happened to find 2 recently this one and a larger black one. 

I simply traced the backing of the frame on a piece of burlap and took a stamp and some black fabric paint and stamped it.  Very simple! Isn't it cute though?  I tried another stamp for the other frame but the stamp was a little large so I am working on an idea for it. 

I so love the texture of burlap. I am also in love with all the different chalkboards I have seen lately.  I found a blog that has a linky party on chalkboards and I love all the different idea everyone has for these.  If you haven't seen it  check it out over at WhisperWood Cottage .

Do you have unique ideas on how to use burlap?  Drop by and tell me about it.  I love to learn new ideas.


Benita
I will be sharing at:
Saturday Spotlight at Craft Envy
Frugalicious Friday at Finding Fabulous
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Weekend Wrapup at Tatertots and Jello

5 comments:

  1. love this! my weakness for fleur de lis :) I've been looking for oval frames too- and yes, they are hard to find. lucky you! thanks for sharing this at Transformations and Treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat idea--good to find items we can repurpose; your frame is lovely. Patty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Benita, It turned out great! Thank you for joining my Open House party.
    xo,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love burlap too and I love the stamp. Great job and thanks for linking up to Treasure Hunt Thursday.
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete