Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Dresser Makeover!

Well I finally conquered it.  A coat of white paint, peeling off paint, a code of blue, another coat of blue, sanding, glazing, and waxing.  I started it on Wednesday of last week and finished it Sunday.  I hope you all like it. I think it looks great though I must say I was about to give up mid way but thanks to all your encouragement and insights I made it throught.


Before


White



Blue No. 1


Blue No. 2

A little sanding.


A little glaze.


A little bling.  Notice I used two different glass knobs.  One was larger so I put the on the outside and the smaller on the inside.  I think it adds a little something.


And here she is all dressed up.


See the little pots I found a couple weeks ago? I just cleaned them up and filled the glass container.  I love hydragneas......my favorite flower.  A little sparkle....what do you think?  I think I need a nap.  :)

Thanks to all of you who are following my blog.  40 followers now...woo hoo!  Also thanks for your comments and advise on this project.

Benita

I am sharing this this week at:

13 comments:

  1. Adorable! I think all your efforts were well worth it! I have a very similar dresser in my garage waiting for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color and the 2 different knobs! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the transformation! She looks loved now!! Love the blue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks Great! I adore that tilty mirror-and the blue looks so nice!

    Kim
    www.kim-toomuchtimeonmyhands.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lines of this piece are amazing! You did a wonderful job bringing them out - it's lovely! JenT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Turned out great! Love the color. Thanks for stopping by and linking, have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its looking fantastic! Love the color and the knobs- great choices! Thanks for sharing at FNF!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful--the hint of blue is subtle and just right! Thanks for sharing at Beyond The Picket Fence.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to repaint a dresser too! you are an inspiration to me to "just do it"!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks fabulous! Thanks so much for linking this up to Inspiration Friday!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks great! I have a piece very similar! it's in great shape, debating on painting it.
    gail

    ReplyDelete