Sunday, May 22, 2011

A Weekend Away

Hi everyone!  I went out of town this weekend.  Actually I went Thursday and returned today.  I went to see my mom and family in Meridian, Mississippi.  I love to go home and see all the familiar sights.  I love visiting the local antique stores also.  There is one that usually has great buys and architectural elements which are my favorites.  Sorry I did not think to take photos.  My garden potting bench is made from an old sink I  purchased there.

This time I found this column.  It is solid wood.  Not hollow like they are today.  I only paid $30.00.  I am hoping to put it in the living room but first I have to get someone to unload it from the truck.







I also picked up these old brackets for $8 each.




My great aunt gave me these floweres.  They are a cute little pink daisey that transplants easily. 



I will show you when they start blooming.
Soon I will be letting you peek and see my bedroom that I just made over.  I think you will like it. 

Benita

I am sharing this at:

Masterpiece Monday @ Boogie Board Cottage
Creative Bloggers Party @ Homemaker on a Dime
Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping It Simple
Metamorphasis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Marvelous Mess @ Marvelously Messy
Thrifty Nifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Newbie Party @ Debbiedoo's Blogging and Blabbing
Anything Goes Party @ Type A

8 comments:

  1. The column and brackets look amazing. I bet the column must weigh a tonne! I would love to see how it looks in your living room once you get it unloaded from your truck! I'm visiting you from Debbie's newbie party. ~ Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sink idea! I wish I had a yard to garden in! I'm visiting from Debbiedoos and am now following you.

    Melanie
    youmadethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please add my link to your post along with the others..thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your architectural elements you found! Thank you for sharing it on Masterpiece Monday. Have a great week, Mary :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining me. I love architectural elements..which are very hard to find, and if you do,they are pricey. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have lots of these corbels and pillars. Hubby made 24" square bases for some of them so they are more stable for kids to be around. Love yours since I am addicted to them both.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the brackets and the pillar. Great finds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 30 bucks. How do you find things so cheap all the time?

    -zane

    ReplyDelete