Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Birds, Birdcage and Bedroom Update

Hi everyone!  I wanted to share with you the great birdcage I purchased this weekend.  It was not a thrifty find but I think it is unique.  I don't think I have ever seen a rattan birdcage like this one.

I will probably add some green moss inside.  It is really large too.   I added it to this grouping in my room which as you know is focused on nature....mainly in this area birds, eggs, and birdcages.  You may remember these little bird prints I found several months ago.  I just painted the frames white and then put a brown glaze to unify it with other elements in this area of my room.


Here is one side of the grouping on the left of my blue dresser....


And on the right....



Then here is the dresser that is between.


I took it from an aangle so you could get a feel for the overall group.   I hope you enjoyed your visit!



Benita

I am sharing this at: 

Thrifty Nifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Under $100 Linky Party @ Beyond the Picket Fence
White Wednesday@ Faded Charm
Share the Love Party @ Very Merry Vintage
Transformations and Treasure @ Pink Postcard
Piece of Work Wednesday @ Primitive and Proper
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Treasure Hunters Thursday @ Blue Creek
Time Travel Thursday @ Bramblebery Cottage
Open House Party @ No Minimalist Here
Transformation Thursday @ the Shabby Chic Cottage
Home Sweet Home @ Charm of Home

6 comments:

  1. This week's party is not wow us Wednesdays but a porch and deck party which is part of a huge summer blog party. Please save this post and link it up next week to the regular party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coming over to say Hello from Faded Charm...I love anything birdies. Adore all your birdie decor! xoxo, tracie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your birdcage reminds me of a Garth Williams illustration in one of my "Rescuers" books when I was a child. It is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the birdcage on the wall. It has great dimension. :)

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the nature styling in you room. That gorgeous rattan bird cage is perfect on that gorgeous dresser.
    Thanks so much for linking to Treasure Hunt Thursday.
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great--love that birdcage on the wall... so unique! Thanks so much for linking to Share the Love Wednesday; hope you'll be back this week!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete