Thursday, June 30, 2011

New Thrifty finds!

Hi everyone.  I went out thrifting early this week and got some goodies!  I also did a couple of little projects.

First I found this great jar which was a beverage dispenser.  I had no lid but I like it for its shape and light blue color!  I filled it with seashells.

The picture des not show the light blue color ....it looks more white here. 
I also found these white Pzaltzgraff dishes.  I found 12 cups, a gravy bowl, small serving platter, 6 large plates and 6 small plates all for $10.00.  Earlier I had found 4 cups and 4 saucers for $.10 each.  I love the cups because they are a great size for cereal. 


I think this pattern is called Heirloom.  Now the had those grey scratches on them.  I used some baking soda and a product called the Barkeeper's Friend and they faded some but you can still see them.  Anyone have a tip for getting these off?  I know they have a product.  I am wondering if it works!

Next I found this large plate....looks like a serving plate....Ironstone.



Look at this great old coffee pot I found at Good Will.  It has great details on it.  It has a name engraved under it and says it was made in New York.  If any of you know anything about this piece please share!

Remember the Patron bottle I found a couple weeks ago?  I had this starsfish and I just wrapped some jute string around it until it fit tightly into the bottle. 

Remember this cabinet I found a few months back?

I moved this along with my desk (1/2 table) to my bedroom now.  The cabinet was dark inside and I didn't like anything I put in it.  As I was organizing my bedroom I decided I would move this into the bedroom and hang it above the desk again and paint it white on the inside to lighten it up.  I ran out of white paint so I decided to paint it a light blue that I had.  What do you think?

Isn't it pretty! My jars and milk glass looks great I think against the blue!

I also bought a new white comforter and dust ruffle that you will get to see soon!

Thanks for stopping by!

Benita

I am sharing this over at:
Treasure Hunt Thursday @ Blue Creek
Time Travel Thursday @ Brambleberry Cottage
Open House Party @ No Minimalist Here
Transformation Thursday @ Shabby Chic Cottage
Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home
Inspiration Friday @ At the Picket Fence
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
Frugalicious Friday @ Finding Fabulous
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
I heart Nap Time @ Sundae Scoop
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
Friday Unfolds @ Stuff and Nonsense
Weekend Wrap Up Party @ Tatertos and Jello

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful post! Love your space. The blog header is so cute.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful coffee dispenser!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the light blue inside the shelf. It's nice and fresh and everything shows up beautifully in front of it.
    I just bought six of those coffee cups. I like that they are short!
    Great silver finds.
    Thanks for coming to THT.
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you did with the cabinet! I love the light blue. I also love the starfish in the bottle. Many great finds! Thanks for linking it up at Home Sweet Home! Have a great 4th weekend!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great finds! I love the blue on the cabinet too. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Inspiration Friday!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finds and especially the coffee pot. Thanks for joining my party this week and take care.
    xo,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete