Monday, July 11, 2011

Great Thursday finds!

Last Thursday I went out in search of new goodies.  It was a lucrative day!  I found this little cloche which looks like the type you would put an old pocket watch in.  It was only $1.99.



I also found the little glass and metal bowl...again $1.99.

I also found 3 cups and saucers for my Independence Johnson Ironstone.



This sweet little pitcher was $3.00 and the small platter was $1.99.

This sugar bowl is so sweet....it says Nippon on the bottom. And below a piece of USA pottery with a little chip but only $5.  I was afraid it was more green than blue but it is perfect with all my blue insulators and ball jars and new painted blue cabinet.


In the wee hours of Friday morning I headed out to look at a curb alert on Craigslist and I got this for free. Can you figure out what it is? Sorry I forgot to take a picture before I took it apart and started sanding.


Doesn't look like much ...here are the doors.


Can you see the mica glass?  It had been painted black, a crackle medium put on it, and white on top of that.  All the hardward was stripped off and some cheap kitchen cabinet hardware was put on it.  It has multiple woods....the doors are a beautiful oak as is one side of the cabinet.  The top piece of wood is walnut and I don't know what the other side is. 


  It is the top of an old hoosier cabinet.  I happened to be in a antique store the other day and found this.



A flour sifter/bin!  It was $25.00 so I grabbed it and it fits.  


My plan is to stain the outside of the box and the doors.  The front edges I am painting white and on the inside I am going to use old pages out of books to line it.  I am still searching for hardware that will work.  If you know any online companies that are not expensive please let me know.  I think I will just put glass knobs on it.  I have an enamel table top that will work so now I need to find either a cheap base or shabby table that is similar style.

  I welcome your ideas.

I am sharing this at:

Thrifty Nifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Newbie Party @Debbiedoo's Blogging and Blabbing
Masterpiece Monday @ Boogie board Cottage
Homemaker On A Dime @ Creative Blogger Party
Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping It Simple
Metamorphasis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Marvelous Mess @ Marvelously Messy



2 comments:

  1. So does the flour/sifter bin fit in the Hoosier cabinet top? It is interesting all on its own. I have never heard of a "curb alert" on Craigslist...does someone post if they see something on the curb for free? I love all the goodies that you found last week...treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop became the coolest party on the block because of your participation :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete