Sunday, July 31, 2011

New Finds!

I had some good finds this week.  First I have this little spot behind my front door that I had a copper bucket that everyone threw their shoes in.  Usually their shoes were all around it so this was getting old!  I decided to try and find a small table to put there.  I decided on this wrought iron aquarium table that I found  and it was a little rusty and only $12.00!  I thought I would put glass on it because I have several pieces under my bed but none were the right size so I had these two chippy white boards I found at my grandmother's house a couple years ago and they fit.

I am working on what I want on the table.  A basket for keys and wallets.  I like the silver boat and this lamp.  Underneath the fish bowl I intended to put a beta fish in until the cat decided it was his water bowl.  The Arch d'Triumph I love it is cast iron and has a place for tea lights but I ust love it because of the European feel.

I also found this tray which is lovely and if you turn it over....



You can see it was a  Southern Living item.  I only paid $1 for this and after I purchased this and was leaving I found this other great item.  It is a polished aluminum or stainless steel...not sure which decorative bowl.

It is perfect for some driftwood, seashells, and blown glass balls. It is sitting on the new table.  It was only $1.00 also!  I know....I felt like I was steeling it so I paid them $2 for each.

Next I found this bucket but don't know exactly what it is.  It is enamelware.  I almost overlooked it because it had an ugly fake flower arrangement in it.  It is an odd shaped bucket. If you know what it is please let me know.


I also got these 3 souvier plates for $1 each.  One is Florida, Alabama, and one for Bellingrath Gardens.  I live in Pensacola and when I was a child my grandmother and I would often travel to Mobile to see my great aunt or to visit Bellingrath Gardens and other family.  This one is made by Staffordshire.
They even had the plate hangers!

I also wanted to show you where the door I purchased a couple weeks ago has landed.


What do you think?

Benita

I am sharing this at:
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Tuesdays Treasures @ My Uncommon Suburbia
Masterpiece Monday @ Boogieboard Cottage
Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping It Simple
Just Something I Whipped Up @ The Girl Creative
Metamorphasis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Creative Bloggers Party @ Homemaker on A Dime
Marvelous Mess @ Marvelously Messy
Newbie Party @ Debbiedoos Blogging and Blabbing

7 comments:

  1. What a neat collection you have. I really love your cross collection too, we collect those as well. Thanks for sharing with my newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful, I see plates here my mum had,,

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some REALLY great buys at the yard sale! I love all the fun items you have in the display cabinet that is sitting by the "new" door.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds!! Love the tray! Visiting from Debbie Doos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Benita, You found some great things and at a wonderful price! Thanks for joining the Open House party.
    xo,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know that you have so many blog parties to choose from so thank you for choosing Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop. This amazing post added to the party blast! Enjoy the rest of the week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! I have that B'h Gardens plate, too! I have never been there but I just had to buy it because it was soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete