Sunday, September 4, 2011

Birdcage, lamp, and more white goodies!

I found this beautiful plate and as soon I picked it up I could tell it was the "good stuff".  I don't know if you can see the pattern but it is a strawberry pattern and of course white on white.






I turned it over to find it is Wedgewood!  It is so light and fine!  It is beautiful and only .99 cents at Goodwill.

I am not sure if the color of this will show but it is a light pinky peachy color and the edge is white with nice detail and all crackly. It is Johnson Brothers Ironstone.  I have never seen anything like this one. I found it at a yardsale.  The lady wanted .50 cents....I gave her a dollar. 

I have been finding garage sales on Craigslist lately.  This one was awesome. It was the second day of the sale and she had tons of great pieces.  First this white lamp. I have been looking for one for a while.  She is medium but on the small side of medium with swans and had the look of an urn.




I made a second trip to get this one.  And look at it with a burlap shade from Target.
 Next I found a bird cage like I have never seen before.  It is oriental made of  bamboo twigs almost like tooth picks.  It has little blue and white porceline bird feeders or water containers that attach around and the hook is silver with lots of details.  On the bottom is a silver handle which you can remove the bottom and it had little carved figures and dragons with it. 


This little feeder has a bird on it...such sweet details. 

  These were both marked $10.00 each.  I also got a bird print that is a block print, wire basket, white urn/bowl all for $13.00. 

Here is the urn and another birdhouse I purchased a couple weeks ago.  It was gold with glitter and I painted it white.  I also got the little bowl that is a piece of ironstone for $1 at the Habitat Store. 
I am noticing my white finds look really nice on the dark wood tables from World Market.   Soon I will be showing you my updated living room which looks really awesome.  Or so I think....stay tuned.

Benita

I am sharing this at: 

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Newbie Party @Debbiedoo's Blogging and Blabbing
Masterpiece Monday @ Boogie Board Cottage
Creative Blogger Party @ Homemaker On a Dime
Motivate Me Monday Party @ Keeping It Simple
Today's Thrifty Treasures @ Southern Hospitality
Sunday Showcase @ Under the Table and Dreaming
Marvelous Mess @ Marvelously Messy
Just Something I Whipped Up @ The Girl Creative

It's a Party @ A Creative Princess

8 comments:

  1. So cute. I love the lamp and the bird cage is darling. Thanks for sharing with my newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've created two lovely vignettes with your garage sale find, Benita. I like the white on the dark table too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that birdcage. I saw one similar but my hubby would not let me buy it :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the birdcage! I too have a love for bird cages. I bought one at an antinque show recently. You can see where I used it on my blog post Apothecary Love. Glad, I came over from debbie doo's. Happy Blogging

    Kelli @ www.theinspiredcollection.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of your white goodies especially the birdcage! Found you via Boogieboard Cottage. Tootles, Kathryn
    http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2011/08/little-goodwill-finds.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely, all the white, and I love the birdcage! I would love for you to link up Thursday (actually it starts tonight) to It’s a Party!
    www.acreativeprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, nice find on the Wedgewood and the ironstone in particular!! Thanks for sharing @Marvelously Messy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete