Thursday, August 4, 2011

Slipcover!

I was inspired last week by this project over at Annabellea Design Studio .  I had seen the idea before but she made it seem so simple so I purchased a huge canvas drop cloth at Home Depot.  Now any of you who follow my blog know I don't sew.  A while back I made a slip cover for my ottoman out of burlap.  I sewed it by hand. 

This is it all pinned up!  It came out amazingly well for someone who pretty much guessed at it and followed some of the tips from Annabellea.  I stil have to pin the hem at the bottom and make the cushion slipcover.  I am then hoping I can take it to a friend who does sew and get her to stitch it up for me. It was hard work mainly because it takes a lot of time and I had redo a couple of parts until I got figured out how to make it fit.  I started with the whole drop cloth but I had to cut and tear it as needed to make it all come together correctly.

I cannot wait to finish it so I can show you all.

Benita

I am sharing this at:

Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Show and Tell Friday @ Romantic Home
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest

No comments:

Post a Comment