Friday, August 12, 2011

Trunk makeover!

Somehow in all he confusion of the last few weeks my before pictures were deleted for this trunk.  Let me describe it. It was down to raw wood.  The hinges were rusty.  The hinges that joined the top and bottom were not connected and the inside was full of those lovely little remains that cockroaches leave behind.  You get the idea.  I started by spraying it with cockroach killer.  I vacuumed and swept it inside and out ( and immediately cleaned out the Dyson).  I then used the wire brush and tried to know off the rust.  I then tried the sander which I think worked better.  I bought an attachment to use to sand for my drill but it did not work well at all.

I then decided to paint it all white.

Here it is.



 I thought it looked pretty good white considering its previous state but the rust came through in some spots so I sanded those spots again and used black enamal paint to paint the hinge and metal parts. 



Here is the final product.  I also put caster wheels on the bottom because the bottom is rusted out in spots.  What would you pay for this?

Benita

I am sharing this at:

Inspiration at the Picket Fence @ At the Picket Fence
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
Frugalicious Friday @ Finding Fabulous
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Show and Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Frugal Friday @ the Shabby Nest
Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed

1 comment:

  1. Cute trunk! I also did a similar one I will be posting about next week. Charge? Do you know how old she is? Maybe $100-$200 if over 100 years old. That would be my pricing. Good luck! Andrea @townandprairie

    ReplyDelete