Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Wine bottle Garden Edging

I finally was able to install some of my wine bottles as an edging in the garden. It has been so hot this summer it has been hard to find time to get out there.  Even the evenings and mornings are pretty miserable with the humidity so high. 
Here it is!


Now this was a really easy and cheap project.  I found the bottles on Craigslist ....2 different posts.  I then soaked them to get the labels off.  I have soft soil so I simply twisted the bottles into the ground by the neck and then packed the soil around them tightly.  I took some ribbing from my friends and I began telling people who visited that no I did not have a drinking problem.  I don't even like wine.  I have these soaking by the front door so there were some raised eyebrows. 

I hope you will try this.  I have seen it in several gardening magazines over the last couple of years.

Hope you enjoyed your visit!

Benita

I am sharing this at:

Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Show and Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Frugal Friday @ the Shabby Nest
Weekend Wrap Up Party @ Tatertots and Jello
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage

1 comment:

  1. Kerbing ipswich
    Brisbane Kerbing - Add beauty and value to your landscape by having continuous concrete garden edging. Numerous Kerbing Designs avaliable.

    ReplyDelete