Sunday, September 4, 2011

Hoosier Cabinet!

This is how the Hoosier Cabinet is looking all dressed up! The new sewing machine drawer is on it filled with tin cookie cutters.  A few of my tin dishes and toy kitchen items are here.  I have all these old style canister type jars that I purchased and have had awhile from Target so I decided to leave the right side doors off to show them off.  I made this garland of sort with tin cookie cutters and hemp twine.


On top is an old picnic basket, crock, old brown jug from my great grandmother's cellar, some blue mason jars and the old art deco looking basket I found recently. I am looking for glass knobs for the top two drawers on the bottom and the top door. I decided to leave off the doors on the right because I liked the look of the glass jars in it. The doors would enclose the top shelf.  I may have mentioned my house is getting a little crowded and the first place I put this cabinet did not work.  I ended up putting it back to back against this piece of furniture and since I have an open living room, eat in kitchen it creates a bit of a wall without blocking off the entire space. 

As you can see the new wreath I made is hanging on the side of the other white cabinet while at the other end you will see I placed an old black shutter between the wall and the cabinets.


I hope you love it.

Benita

I am sharing this at:

Inspiration At the Picket Fence @ At the Picket Fence
Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Show and Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Frugalicious Friday @ Finding Fabulous
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest

No comments:

Post a Comment