Monday, October 10, 2011

Chippy white shelves

Hi followers! I have been busy with all the junk I picked up last week. First remember the brackets? I bought this chunk of wood in Mobile last Monday The man said it was out of a building that was built in 1830. It was an truss and is about 2 inches or more. I also grabbed a chuck of mahogony that was in a dumpster sanded it down and my son helped me cut it. This is what I made.
There are 3 shelves. Two are 30 inches and the other is 60 inches. The brackets have great chippy paint. I sprayed it with a sealer, I put a thin coat of paint over it so the chippy paint doesn't chip off. I then waxed it ad buffed it. Now I have to find a place to sell these. I gave up my booth. The place I was at was more thrift than antiques. I was unfortunately not selling the goodies very well there. I need to learn more about etsy but I am not sure how shipping and all that works. I sell somethings on Craigslist but it is not consistent. If anyone is intereste in my little toy Singer sewing machine I would like to sell it. I appreciate all you followers. If you have any adise for me I would appreciate it.


Benita

I am sharing this at:

Masterpiece Monday @ Boogie Board Cottage
Newbie Party @ Debbiedoo's Blogging and Blabbing
Creative Blogger @ Homemaker on a Dime
Motive Me Monday @ Keeping It Simple
Metamorphasis Monday @ Under the Table and Dreaming
Marvelously Messy @ Marvelously Mess
Just Something I Whipped Up @ The Girl Creative
Thrifty Nifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
White Wednesday @ Faded Charm
Share the Love Wednesday @ Very Merry Vintage
Transformations and Treasures @ Pink Postcard
Piece of Work Wednesday @ Primitive and Proper
WOW Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style

4 comments:

  1. Cute shelf! I'm visiting from Debbiedoo's Newbe party, it certainly was nice of her to do this for us newbes! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job. I like that you repurposed to make your little shelf. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great find!!! I'd like a shelf like that. Laura Cottage and Broome

    ReplyDelete