Thursday, October 13, 2011

Old Wooden Chair to White & Fab

This is this chair I picked up a couple weeks ago when we went to this great sale near a marina in an old building.  I thought I had a before but I don't.  This chair is heavy and was stained with a green stain so you could still see the wood grain.  I decided it had to go white.



So I painted and distressed and used Mrs. Mustard Seed's Glaze recipe. I don't know if I shared but I have a cat that is a stray that I feed. Especially now because she has babies.  She has gotten in the habit of trying to get inside to get the food bowls.  I feed her on the porch usually.  Somehow she got in two times...once she peed on the couch cushion.  So I thought okay an excuse to slip cover and I can have another cushion made.  Then she came in and did it again this time where the missing cushion was so the  couch was done.  And I really loved my couch!   So I know you are wondering where this is going but I saved the other cushions and pillows from the sofa when we carried it to the dump.  The cushion fit except it was the L shape so I just had to cut down the foam and cover with a canvas drop cloth.

I also recently got an old muslim type feed sack which I have been trying to figure out what I would do with it.  I decided to make a pillow for this chair.


I like the colors are all faded.  You can see the seat cushion behind the pillow.

This chair is very sturdy and I would say it is from the 1940s or 1950s.  It had the old green nagahyde cushions probably stuffed with hay.  They were super heavy and stinky. 

Here it is all together.  Note I have to sew it all up.  Everything is pinned on the cushion.  I sew by hand so it takes me some time when I start a project. 





Benita

I am sharing at:

Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Friday Furniture Feature @ Mrs. Mustard Seed
Vintage Inspiration Friday @Common Ground
Feathered Nest Friday @French Country Cottage
Show and Tell Friday @My Romantic Home
Frugalicious Finds @ Finding Fabulous

2 comments:

  1. This came out so cute! Love the pillow. Want to make a cute little pillow like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so adorable--I can't believe you made the chairs (I know--saw the pictures!)--so sweet. Wish I had grandchildren! Thanks for the smiles--great talent!

    ReplyDelete