Thursday, October 13, 2011

Projects

I have been working myself silly.  I have a bit of a break from work until next Wednesday and then the following week will be relatively slow.  I am trying to get all the yard work done before the time change.  Re-edging the sidewalks and flowerbeds.  Weeding everything.  I moved my stepping stone and used them on the newest path I put down last year.  Next I have bricks I want to get down along one of the main flowerbeds in the back yard.  Wow....I am tired after talking about it.

On top of that...I have all this furniture and the salvaged pieces I have been working on.  Remember this piece? 


One leg was missing and one was broken beyond repair.  I took all the legs and this curvy bottom and was left with the table top which was split.  I glued it back together with wood glue and clamped it.  Sorry I don't have picture of the whole process.

I then sanded it down and painted it white.  Next I added some old encyclopedia pages to it.  Each has the word bird on the page.  I used modge podge and then on top and old book page with  number of different birds.  I then decided it needed more so I took out my letter stencils and my gold paint pen and wrote Birds.  I had to improvise the letters because my stencil had only capital letters.  One more little touch.  I had  necklace with the outline of  cool bird so I used the gold paint pen and traced it.



The table had such a nice curvey top.  I think it will make a great piece of wall art but I am anxious to hear what YOU think.

These other two pieces are made from pallet wood which I sanded down. One was painted with some watered down white paint.  White washed.  I then added these old pages out of a book with architectural components on them.  It needs something else but I can't quite put my finger on it.  I thought about writing the word beauty.  Art is too obvious and architectural is too long.  What do you think?



Next, again pallet wood and then I added this great damask designed stencil with white paint.


 I got it off center so I decided to write the word love vertically and then added the gold heart. 


Sorry I could not figure out how to turn this.


I hope you loved it or at least inspired you!  Watch there will be many upcoming projects.



Benita

I am sharing at:


Time Travel Thursday @ Brambleberry Cottage

Open House Party @ No Minimalist Herehttp://nominimalisthere.blogspot.com/

Tansformation Thursday @ The Shabby Chic Cottage

Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home

Hooking Up with the HOH @ House of Hepworths

Thrifty Thursday @ Bloggeritaville

Strut  Your Stuff Thursday @ Somewhat Simple

3 comments:

  1. I love the stenciled piece. It has a great rustic look. I've repurposed table tops too. I have a hard time throwing away anything I can reimagine. Did you keep the other pieces?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the wooden are thrilled! I can't resist items that go for almost nothing at auctions either!!

    ReplyDelete