Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Windows

Hi ya'll!

This is one of my many projects. Windows. I am trying to perfect a project to sell. I love windows.  Now we have all seen many different uses for windows at all the blog parties.  Many different embellishments and uses.   Windows are painted, stenciled, frosted, screened, messages are adhered, quotes are quoted.  Windows are used to create green houses or conservatories, tabletops, desk bases, used as garden art.  You can adorn them with lace, burlap, buttons, ribbon, industrial elements, artwork, moss, twigs, driftwood, flowers, shells and rocks to name a few.


 I took prints out of the book and had them matted in a three panel glass window.   It is similar to a matted framed picture.


This idea I saw this at a recent arts & crafts show in town.  I saw an old window with a portrait matted in it.  My thought was what if I used old old prints out of vintage books or art books or encyclopedias and matt them in windows.  I could then adorn them with different elements.  Fortunately there is an inexpensive framing shop locally otherwise it would be too costly to have the mats cut and the art work mounted. 

Here is the first window.  It contains the art of J.W. Waterson.  I love these.  They usually contain women and often one with red hair.  I purchased the book at a yard sale and it was full of pictures.









I have several architectural elements and I am thinking I can add this one. 



This is a piece of an old porch rail.  The bird hook I picked up at Hobby Lobby.   The birds will go on the next window I will show you.

 This second window has 2 peices of the glass broken out. I decided to have an old bird print from an encyclopedia with some great color mounted and put into the one pane.


It needs something else.  What do you think? Maybe a sign that says birds?  I would love to hear your ideas.  What would you pay for these?

I hope you are inspired....I know you all inspire me.

Benita

I am sharing at: 

Time Travel Thursday @ Brambleberry Cottage
Open House Party @ No Minimalist Here
Hooking Up with the HOH @ House of Hepworths
Thrifty Thursday @ Bloggeritaville
Strut Your Stuff Thursday @ Somewhat Simple
Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors



1 comment:

  1. very cool idea I love the vintage feel to it come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete