Sunday, November 13, 2011

Christmas Already?

I cannot believe we are only a little over a month away from Christmas.  Where did the year go? Unbelieveable.  What happened to 2011? I started thinking about how I would decorate this year and began this project to test out my idea.  I was inspired by my fellow bloggers.  LaurieAnna's  and so many other white chipppy vintage blogs.  I am finding more and more that it is the layers that make groupings look so rich. I have decided my colors will be cream, white, silver, gold and perhaps a touch of red.

The first idea I took from a local antique booth.  What I mean is a vendor inside a local store.  This vendor uses ton of burlap which is my thing!  The walls of her booth she hung white christmas lights and put the burlap sunder hem so you could see through so her booth glowed . I decided to apply this to my wall to the right when you walk in my front door.  I used cream colored burlap which is awesome but only place in town has it.  My television sits here and I am working on getting a long dresser, credenza or buffet.  Okay well since I began writing this post last week I found one and cut the legs off, put it on casters and painted it.  It is perfect  it has tons of storage and the height is awesome. It is an old Broyhill I believe. It has a identifying mark that looks like a brand in the wood and then on the back it says buffet and then mentions the name of the line I think.  I think perhaps a one time it had a cabinet on top. 

This is the previous cabinet I had my tv on.  It was a nice Pier One buffet or media stand but it was not long enough and so I had put another table beside it.  Check out the  new media cabinet in my recent posts.

 

Next on the burlap I started with this gold oval mirror and then added some mirrors on top of the burlap.  From the ceiling I am hanging mercury balls and birds and I want to buy some irridescent ones too.

These are hung with fishing line so they look as though they are floating in the air.

Here are some new items I picked up.  A tiny stable for my tiny nativity set.




This litle vintage hand made building.


 A white bottle Christmas tree. 

Shiny metal airplane ornament for 1/2 price at Joann's Fabrics similar to the one in a recent Pottery Barn catalogue.



 Two little signs that say Peace.



I also bought some grapevine to make this Christmas tree  I have to top it off and I want to sit it on top of his large galvanized bucket or an urn.

I saw one like this at an antique store with starfish hanging all over it.  Ii have to finish it a the top.
 I hope to use some of my other buckets and wash tubs also. I purchased a small white 4 ft tree with lights from Big Lots.

Benita

I am sharing this at:

Newbie Party @ Debbiedoo's Blogging and Blabbin
Masterpiece Monday @ Boogieboard Cottage
Creative Bloggers Party @ Homemaker On A Dime
Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping it Simple
Metamorphasis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Thrifty Nifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Tuesday's Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

2 comments:

  1. Very cute and oh so festive! I can't believe how fast the holidays are creeping up on us either. Thanks for sharing with my newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the grapevine on the tomato cage, but where do you buy the grapevine?

    ReplyDelete