Saturday, November 26, 2011

Maple China Hutch Makeover!

Hi everyone!

Here is a recent project.  I purchased this china cabinet off of Craigslist for $60.00.  It was a hard maple. 

I sanded it lightly and primed it and painted two coats of white paint. I still need to do some touch up on it but I think it looks pretty good.

I have filled it with all my milk glass, white pottery pieces,  and tureens. I topped it with my angel wings, an angel, and a birdhouse.

Benita

I am sharing this at:

Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
Show and Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Feathered Nest Friday @ Frenh Counry Cottage
Frugalicious Friday @ Finding Fabulous
Vintage inspiration Friday @ Common Ground

10 comments:

  1. It's amazing what a little white paint will do! Great job on the hutch. I especially like the pairing of the white pottery inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty- looks lovely in white! Thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it - it is exactly what I am looking for! Very nice job! Hope you will come on over and see my at my blog - I found you on Debbie's Newbie Party!
    Peggy @ repeartree.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a steal! You did a fantastic fresh makeover too. Thanks for sharing with my newbie party. Please add my button too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great transformation! And what a bargain, too! I am now your newest follower, via the newbie party. I hope you will follow me, too! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not a fan of painted furniture but your transformation is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is amazing what a can of paint can do! It looks great.

    Visiting from the Newbie Party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the white, it turned out great! thanks so much for linking up with VIF!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there, this hutch painted white is absolutely wonderful. What a difference a coat (or two) of paint makes. I also love what you have filled it with. Thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete