Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A New Table

Remember I mentioned in my last post the old damaged door I found a couple weeks ago.  I did not take a picture of it unfortunately.   I also had an old  sewing machine I bought for $20.00.  It was all painted white.  The top had some planks added over the top.

I decided to take it all apart.  I thought the drawers would be great to put office supplies and stuff in.  The paint job on it was not so good.  Here are the drawers.  I painted all the wooden parts that were showing.  Here is a picture of the drawers. 

The plank top I removed and put on this old chippy cabinet.


And now back to the door.  The bottom part was split and cracked and could not be repaired so I (with the help of my son) cut the top panel of the door off.  I sanded it and painted it white. 


Here is the base before it was painted black. 

I then used the original screws to attach the door to the top.  I had to add these strips of wood because the center panel was not thick enough to attach it securely.



This is the final product.




This one corner is not quite square but I thought it gave it a little character. It could be used for a desk or a small dining table.

What do you think?

Benita


I am sharing this at: 

Inspiration at the Picket Fence @ The Picket Fence
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
Frugalicious Friday @ Finding Fabulous
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Show and Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest

2 comments:

  1. Love this table...I want to make a long table using 2 of the sewing machine bases...thanks for sharing and the pics. Visit me sometimes. Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! Might want to try a glass top to keep everything level. What did you do with sewing machine?

    ReplyDelete