Thursday, December 8, 2011

More Christmas Decor!

I found the cutest snowman or maybe I should say snow lady ever at TJ Maxx a couple weeks back.  I love this store.  She is so whimsical and cute. 


Look at his nose and her tutu. 


And what about that wand and "Believe" banner?  I just think she is so cute.  She is currently on the buffet.

I wanted to show you a few of my decorations up close because my other post was more the big picture and now I want you to see some of the details.

For example on top of one of my white cabinets I layered some silver platters, twig wreath, tulle, and a glass cylinder.  Inside the glass I placed my cream bisque angel and some old christmas sheet music.

  The criss cross window I picked up recently for $8! 




Isn't this little silver metal airplane ornament.  It reminds me of one that Pottery Barn has had in the past. I don't think it is in their catalog now.




I think it makes a lovely arrangement. 

  I found these two items at a antique store last week.  The coliseum is from Restoration Hardware for $4.00.


It is a Christmas ornament.   Can you read the sticker?



I also picked up a little metal souvenir piece. I just love these.

It is a metal White House.  I have started a little collection.  I have one of the Statute of Liberty, Notre Dame Cathedral, and Arch d'Triumphe.  The white house was $6 and was 20% off. They have several others I am thinking of buying. The other 3 I picked up at an Estate sale for I think $4.   The brass Eiffel Tower was a Christmas ornament at Walmart one year.



The top of the cabinet also has an urn filled with dried hydragneas (my all time favorite flower), a jar with silver christmas balls, and a little vintage light fixture that I refinished.   It has the criss cross on the glass like the window.  Isn't it amazing how it all comes together?


Thanks for stopping by.

Benita

I am sharing this at:

Newbie Party @ Debbie Do's Blogging and Blabbing
Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping it Simple
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Masterpiece Monday @ Boogie Board Cottage
Todays Thrifty Treasures @ Southern Hospitality
Metamorphasis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch






5 comments:

  1. Your displays are gorgeous. The white shelf with all the pretty accessories is so inspiring. Very, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your holiday touches are lovely! =)

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the snow lady, she looks like a Bethany Lowe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is so pretty! Thank you for sharing with us!
    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete