Thursday, December 8, 2011

New sofa and Industrial Stool!

Hi everyone!  I have been crazy busy as usual.  I have been busy decorating for Christmas and I came up with some pretty ideas.  I may be partial though!  I have been trying to get pictures taken all week but it has been so overcast that the light was not good enough.

I thought I fluffed the cushions before I took this but anyway...this is my Goodwill find!  It is in perfect condition for $60.00.  It is a nice khaki cotton with no spots and the perfect size.  It had a little animal hair that I easily removed and no smells!


Look at this beauty!  It looks like an industrial stool and is tall but does not adjust. I am not crazy about the orange paint and may paint it white late.  The base though is cast iron and it weighs probably 30 pounds or more.  I am using it as an end table because there is not room on this end of the courch for a table so this gives me a space to set a drink or my laptop.  I paid $20 for this beauty.

As you will see I have done some re-arranging.  Here you see some cotton I picked from a local farm with a hite dove and my old house vent. I love this thing!  One of the best purchases I ever made.  Below it you will see the buffet I recently purchased and have dressed for Christmas with mirrors, mercury glass candles, silver creamers and pitchers, bird and urns.  Urns are my new obsession.  Like I need another obsession.


I love the symmetry of the matching lamps.  and the column to the left with an old candlabra I picked up for $5 which I love!  At the bottom of the column you can see part of my sparkly twigs.  Some dangle down and drip with what looks like diamons and the other has glitter and are like branches. I hope to get out tomorrow and get some braches to spray paint silver and Magnolia branches to spray paint white and make a huge arrangement. 


To the right is the newly painted china hutch which is topped with angles and filled with milk glass, tureens, and white pottery.  I am not quite happy with the Angels on top yet.

To the left is my other white cabinet filled with travel sourveniers, white dishes, lambs, doves, architectural items and such.  I am re-doing the top of the cabinet also and will be showing you in a couple of days. 

You can see on top the glass cylinder with one of my angels that is bisque and she has some sheet music.  I only have a little alpine tree and twig tree.  I am not so good at decorating a tree.  The bottom shelf looks like a UFO landed but I have tulle and white lights. 

Finally here is how the wall above the television is looking with mirrors and hanging mercury and glass balls. 

This was not completed when I took the picture but it is the new buffett piece that I painted white.  I want to hang an old frame on top of the mirror but I can't with all the balls up already.  I am hoping to make a valance box to put all the way across the walls and staple the burlap inside it. I can then hand the mirrors over the top.  The burlap has white christmas lights that glow when they are lit up.  (More later.)

Thanks for visiting.

Benita

I will be sharing this at: 

Time Travel Thursday @ Brambleberry Cottage
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Vintage Inspiration Party @ Common Ground
Open House Party @ No Minimalist Here
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Chic Cottage
Hooking Up with Hepworths@ House of Hepworth
Strut Your Stuff Thursday @ Somewhat Simple
Inspiration Friday @ The Picket Fence
Frugalicious Friday @ Finding Fabulous
Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

2 comments:

  1. Can I pretty please go thrifting with you!?!? I'm serious I've NEVER seen such wonderful finds for such amazing prices EVER! I love your blog! I'm your newest follower and would love it if you're return the "love" on your next visit!!!

    XO,
    Aimee from ItsOverflowing.com

    PS Thanks for the sweet note about my mantel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really scored at the Goodwill! I laughed when I read "no smells". I do the sniff test on everything...people probably think I'm weird, but ya have to do the sniff test before putting the money down!

    ReplyDelete