Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Catching up!

OMG have I been busy.  A friend and I did an estate sale for a family at her church which took tons of time.  We had close to 60 hours invested.  Exhausting work.  I also purchased 300 books 3 weeks ago at an estate sale to try and make some money.  I purchased them for $10 and I had them at the estate sale and made about $80.00. I cherry picked ones I can sell in my booth and sold 150 for $40.  I did pretty good.  I also sold one piece of furniture.  We wrapped up the sale Saturday.  There was just no time to post here.  Last night I moved into my new larger booth and today I already sold a twin size bed I just put in.  This is going to be an all over the place post because I want to catch up on some thrifty finds.

First here are the pictures of my new booth. I think it looks pretty good.  Now I am just praying it all sells.  See the twin size headboard?

A chippy mantle, white empty frames, white pottery and chalk boards.




White louvered door, shutters, shelves, window art and see the cute headboard?


My industrial table.  Next to it is a little metal planter holder and I just put a brassy copper tray on top to make a cute table. The sewing machine base is topped with an old cabinet door.


This window I put a 1958 map of Pensacola in this window.


This little white table is mine and you can see my industrial table behind it.  You can see to the right a big wire basket.  You can see it below.


There is also the bakers rack to the right.
Here is my little plant stand, a bird bath, and wash tub. 


I thought I only had enough stuff at home to fill one booth. Well, I have enough for 3.  I plan to do one month an all industrial look and then a spring look also.



Next here are my recent finds.  This bed which a girl was working on and had painted it gray and was midway trying to do some type of paint technique.  I used my creamy homemade chalk paint and have painted it.


I plan to use a silver glaze to highlight the molding. I hope to spend tomorrow finishing projects.  I also have a small door I am going to use chalkboard paint in the center panel. 

I also had this map framed for myself. I found this great gold frame and when I put them together I thought they looked great.  he frame was $5.00.  The map $.25 at a yard sale. It was a National Geographic map. I didn't think it was that old but then I found it was printed in the 1960s. I still have not completed the stereo cabinet.  Again working on it tomorrow.




Anyway....I will be busy tomorrow and post more regularly! 

Benita

I am sharing this at:

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Tuesdays Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Under $100 Linky Party @ Beyond the Picket Fence
White Wednesday @ Faded Charm
Share the Love Wednesday @ Verry Merry Vintage
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style






5 comments:

  1. Wish I could come shopping at our shop. Lots of yummy items!
    Glad to be your newest follower, Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your booth...where are you located at? Thanks for sharing it with us at NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS...congrats on selling that bed so fast.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry, the mantel will sell, I am in an antique mall also and these are so popular now, yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You certainly got a lot done. I love your booth, I wish there was someplace near my house to have a booth like that. Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some great things in your booth! Thanks for linking up to Share the Love Wednesday!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete