Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I am a copy cat!

Hi everyone!

Sorry for the lack of posts during Christmas but things were just too hectic.  I wanted to share today my copy cat project.  Check out Show and Tell blog.  She does some awesome work and I love her style.  This link will take you directly to here door to table project but be sure to check out the whole blog!


Here is my five panel door before.   I was using the creamy side as a counter top for come drawers/cabinets.




It is 30 inches wide and 80 inches tall.  Unlike the door Sausha used there is an even amount of space at the top and bottom.



 Mine was uneven which is why my panels on top are not center.  I think it came out great and though I don't usually like green this green paint is growing on me.  I left all the hardware on it including hinges and door knob.



Sausha's post has the details on how to do this but I give you a quick run down. Cut 32 inches off the bottom of the door and then cut that peice in 1/2 (16 inches for each peice).  You then simply attach the ends with L-brackets.  I have not waxed mine yet but will ost a picture when I do.


I hope you enjoyed your visit!  I look forward to your comments.


Benita

I am sharing this at:

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
White Wednesday @ Faded Charm
Share the Love Wednesday @ Very Merry Vintage
Transformations and Treasures @ Pink Postcard
Piece of Work Wednesday @ Primitive and Proper
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Open House Party @ No Minimalist Here





6 comments:

  1. it looks awesome!!! you did a great job on copying the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great door! I love the table, and the color is good to me, too!
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute and I love the color. I have a fettish for old door and windows. Now a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. I like the old green too. this seems like a pretty easy project with such great results!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did an awesome job and the color is beautiful! What a great way to use an old door.

    I am your newest follower. I would love it if you popped by my blog for a visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! I'm your newest follower from no minimalist here! Happy New Year- Stop by for a visit!!

    ReplyDelete