Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Mantle and other new finds!

Hi everyone!

This is a cute little mantle I picked up in Mississippi when I went home before Christmas.  It is small and I think very cute.

I do have the bottom right piece. It was getting dark and cold and I was in a hurry to get the pictures.
I am hoping to put this in my living room but I am trying to figure out some sort of low table to put my television on.

I also purchased a couple of old cabinet doors that were $5.00 each...again in Mississippi.  One I used as a table top for a sewing machine.  You can see it below in the pictures of my antique booth. I think it makes a good sofa table or potting or outdoor table. I  purchased these big chunks of wood from the Habitat for Humanity ReStore.



You can see in the previous picture an old  aquarium stand.  I am working on an idea blending the old woods and it to create an industrial style table.  More on that later!


I am all set up in a new antique store Dixie's.  Here are a few pictures of my booth!



What do you think of this mid century modern table I found with this chippy red and white paint?


I think it looks great.

I picked up these chairs yesterday for $5 each.  As you can see I am painting them white to bring out their frenchness.


And of course the seats will be burlap.

This table was $5 also.  I thought it was an old piano bench but it was not. It is pretty heavy considering half the to is gone.  I don't know if I want to paint it white or if I should put a new top of sort on it. I am open to your suggestions!

Thanks for stopping by.

Benita

I am sharing this at:

http://www.shabbynest.blogspot.com/Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest

http://romantichome.blogspot.com/2011/03/show-and-tell-friday_24.htmlShow and Tell Friday @  My Romantic Home

http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage

http://commonground-debrasvintagedesigns.blogspot.com/Vintage Inspiration @ Common Ground
http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

2 comments:

  1. Love that mantle and that chair for $5--I would be doing a happy dance! Love that chair

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im with Sandy, ide be doin a happy dance too! Nice to meet u fellow bloggie, Im Bonnie, have to say i love the mantel, ive just recently bought one aswell, not sure where its goin yet though...Its so chippy and shabby, i think im gonna leave it alone though..........Stop by if ya get a chance.........Bonnie

    ReplyDelete