Thursday, February 16, 2012

Bella at Dixie's Antiques

I wanted to share some recent pictures of my booth at Dixie's Antiques.   This is my first full month in a larger booth and it is going well. For any of you experienced dealer out there I would appreciate any tips. I am selling many small items and an occasional large item.  I have also failed to show you some of my recent finds because I am in a hurry to get them in the shop and forget to take pictures.

Here is one of my window projects. The butterflies are from an old calender and I think it looks like an old specimen collection like you can sometimes find.

Here is a shot of my booth.  I am hoping the blue cabinet will sell soon.  To the left you an see my little door which I added chalkboard paint to. To the right I stacked two matching tables. I the front of the picture you can see a ute little white table.  Not sure you can tell but below the white was gold which you can see along the edges where I sanded it.



Here is a concrete Mary I found at a recent Estate sale. She is blue on the backside. Next to her is an old cabinet door with hinges and knob.
I also picked up these two frogs on a bench with the umbrella.

I also picked up this little table which would make a great potting bench.  The metal box at one of my favorite picking places.  The two galvanized coolers I picked up Saturday at a sale. One is 5 gallons and the other 10.



The door here was a curb find on Saturday and hen there is the little corner plant stand.

Here are the two deer I found at the same sale as the other concrete items.

Again the little white table came from the same sale.

This is a great midcentury modern table. Could be used as a desk or table for two. 


I loved this door when I found it but it took me a bit to figure out what to do with it. I finally decided on a chalkboard.  You cannot see in the picture but it has the metal surround to the door knob and this cute wood rack which was on the door.

Free curb find!  I have since stripped everything off of it and am taking it for an estimate to recover.

Another free curb find.  There were no drawers....You will see the make over very soon!  It turned out fabulous.

Thanks for stopping by!

Benita

I am sharing this at:

Time Travel Thursday @ Brambleberry Cottage
Open House Party @ No Minimalist Here
Transformation Thursday @ Shabby Chic Cottage
Hooking up WIth HOH @ House of Hepworth





2 comments:

  1. When we bought our house we furnished much of it from "curb finds". It's amazing what a little paint and fabric will do... Take care, Linda

    http://twosucculentsisters.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. PLEASE PLEASE get in contact with me!!! Something in your collection i need desperately of sentimental value!!

    BELIEVE IT OR NOT. Those two frogs on a bench and umberella is the EXACT design that i broke while helpping a friend move!! I'm looking for somethign to replace it and NEVER KNEW i'd find the same one!!!

    PLEASE REPLY!!! This is 100% serious

    bjmv21240@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete