Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Coffee Table to Burlap Bench

Here is how it began. 



$5.00 at Waterfront Rescue Mission.  It was solid but with the weird slats on top. She has niice legs.  I bought it thinking I would figure out some sort of top to put on it but then it hit me.  A bench.

So I painted the legs with my homemade cream chalk paint. I then cut an old peice of foam I had to fit the top, wrapped it with some quilt batting and stapled it. I then added the cream burlap. 

Here she is....

I have a fleur de lis stamp but it is small so I don't think it would be large enough. I could do 2 stripes but I am not good with making straight lines.

I would appreciate your ideas and input.

Benita

I am showing this off at:

Time Travel Thursday @ Brambleberry Cottage
Transformation Thursday @ the Shabby Chic Cottage
Home Sweet Home @ Charm of Home
Hooking up with HOH @ House of Hepworth
Vintage Inspiration Party @ Common Ground
Frugalicious Friday @ Finding Fabulous
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed
Show and Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Frugal Friday @ Shabby Nest


5 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! I would love if you would share this at the Crazy Cute link party happening at Between U & Me right now! I've got a totally awesome giveaway this week, too!
    OOH! AND, I'm your newest follower! ;)
    www.betweenuandme.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I love burlap and you made this look just awesome between that and the paint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why don't you get a large fleur di lis stencil then paint it on with fabric paint? Set it with a iron.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That turned out great! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe you could use some painters tape to line up your stripes, mask it off. That way you could play with it a bit to make sure it's straight. Only thing is it might not stick down enough to keep the paint from bleeding underneath it. Maybe a stickier tape would work. I also used to have a washable marker with a thin-ish point for writing or tracing on fabric. I got it at Joanns. Maybe you could draw a line next to the tape and paint in the lines?? After the paint dries, you can use a wet sponge to get rid of the line. Sorry I'm not more help.

    ReplyDelete