Sunday, February 19, 2012

Desk Makeover



I picke up this little secretary. I think it was a part of a bigger secretary. 

It was really dark almost black.  Painting the inside would be a pain so I decided to spray paint it white.  It was very plain.  Sorry I failed to take a picture.

I decided to paint it blue on the outside and on the inside use some book pages and scrapbook paper on the inside.

This blue is much brighter than the picture shows. It looks almost white here.

I used the scrapbook paper on the back and the front edge.  The book pages are from a 1940s and 1960s encyclopedia and a 1932 geography book. I decided to use all Paris and France pages. 


The inside.

I think it looks cute. I plan to sell this one....unless I change my mind.

Thanks for stopping by.

Benita

I will be sharing this at:

Newbie Party @ Debbiedo's Blogging and Blabbing
Thrifty Nifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Masterpiece Monay @ Boogie Board Cottage
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Sunday Showcase @ Under the Table and Dreaming
Tuesdays Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia




3 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I love it and I don't know how you could sell it! I have a desk similar to this and I've always thought it was boring. Thanks for inspiring me to do a makeover on it. Maybe I'll love it! Saw you at the Newbie party and I'm following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking real good. Thanks for sharing with the newbie party.

    ReplyDelete