Thursday, February 16, 2012

French Provincial Curb Find

You have to see this project.  It all started on a curb in a less than pleasant neighorhood. I found this beauty.  I love french provincial style furniture.



You can see hear the gold that was in the groove.  This is a late 1960s or early 1970s vintage piece.
It had no drawers and had been left in the rain. I spray painted her with some white paint all over first to see in any moldy or animal smells and took off the cardboard backing which was soaked. I had to decide where to cut the front because I plannedd to use baskets along the top setion and then below to put a curtain .  I thought I would use burlap to make the curtain.



I then  painted her with Martha Stewart Satin in Talc.  I really like the Satin finish because it has a nice sheen to it.   I then decided rather than use burlap for a curtain I had some black and cream toile fabric.  I simply used fabric glue to fold over the edges to  make the curtain. I used tiny tension rods.  I purchased 3 folio baskets from Target.






Here she is ....I am in love with her and am keeping for myself.

Thanks for visiting!

Benita

I am sharing this at:

Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed's
Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Vintage Inspiration  @ Common Ground
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Show and Tell @ My Romantic Home
Frugal Friday @ Shabby Nest



7 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous makeover. I like the toile. It makes a great entertainment center. I repurposed a buffet for the same purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for a curbside treasure...she looks outstanding after her makeover. Sorry that you didn't get to make it to the sale, I had seen a wonderful bed at a Goodwill in Destin on Friday that would not fit in my car, so I was going to tell you about it, in hopes that you could get it.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. It always amazes me the pieces some people will throw out to the curb, Benita! This is such a great piece and I'm glad you saved it. It turned out really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Benita! Thanks for sharing your curbside rescue with us. You did an absolutely amazing job on giving a new life to the drawless dresser.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shut the front door!
    That is friggin' Awesome GURL!
    <3. It!
    ~Meliss

    ReplyDelete
  6. That turned out great! I love it. I have something very, very similar I'm working on right now. Found you over at Funky Junk. I'm your newest follower!
    Jeannie
    maxwellhouseinteriors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete