Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Drafting table & Other goodies

Hi everyone!

Things have been so busy. It is getting warm and along the coast this is when all the festivals, garden events, and antique shows happen.  Spring is busy because it is too hot in mid summer!  Last weekend I set up at a local church art festival which was a little slow because it was pouring down rain all day!  There was also an antique show and an estate sale that I wanted to go check out.  I found better goodies after I left than at the estate sale.  I mean there were some great things at the sale but not for re-sale.  I found this little table at a yard sale.  The lady said she was 71 and the table was older than she. It was her grandmothers.  I am having a personal struggle with letting this go! 



I also picked up a few items from a lady I buy from periodically.  A bed, a headboard made from an old french provincial mirror, 2 bird cages, 2 old pieces of framed art, and a side table. I just took the headboard to my antique booth this evening so I will have to post a picture of it later.  You will love it!

This is the table.  Sorry there is no before. I have put two coats of white paint and it needs one more and the door handle need to be put on.



Next I think this one is really valuable because I have never seen one.  It is a drafting table.  Almost looks child size but I think an adult could use it.  It was covered with  coat of black paint and a layer of blue but underneath is vintage oak.  Sorry again there is no as a I bought it but I am now in the process of stripping and sanding it and thus it is in 2 pieces.  The table top had  a name written across it so this is when I decided to sand a bit to see what I found.  The picture does not show well the lovely shade of blue coming through along with other colors.


You can see the top of the drafting table there in the back.  It shows the under side.  See the great cast iron hardware? It has F. Weber Co. I researched this company and it has been making art supplies and furniture since 1853.  I can't find a comparable version of this one though.



Metal hardware like this makes my heart skip a beat!

This little metal plate has the company name and locations on it on the lower side of the table.  I think it might be from 1940s maybe.  If anyone know anything about this sweet thing.  Please Share!

Finally look at the oak wood up close.



I can't wait to finish it.  Then the next thing will be...keep it or sale it! Decisions.  Decisions.

Thanks for visiting.

Benita

I will be sharing this at:

Thrifty Nifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Power of Paint Party @ Domestically Speaking
Tuesday's Tresures @ Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
White Wednesday @ Faded Charm
Share the Love Wednesday @ Very Merry Vintage
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style

6 comments:

  1. Love that drafting table...great find!! I know what you mean about being so busy...I just had to take a short break from all the painting.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. You found some lovely pieces. I would have a hard time parting with the table too
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that first pretty white table. I think I would keep it a while! Thanks for linking up to Share the Love Wednesday!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an F. Weber drafting table just like that one. Love to know the date of manufacture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have one too..more an art desk...all the metal is gone ...but never painted! I would love to find the inner workings if anyone ever sees one!

    ReplyDelete