Friday, March 9, 2012

Headboard & Garden Room

Here is the gorgeous headboard I have in my antique booth now. It is an old french provincial style mirror from the 1960s or 1970s.  I cannot take credit for this.  I bought it from an incredibly talented lady who had this great idea.  The material is a canvas black and white damask sort of pattern. She used the back side so it is more gray and white.  The frame  was painted a high gloss white.



Isn't it awesome!  You can see I hung a couple of things from the ceiling this week.   A bird cage and a light fixture which is now for outdoors and can be filled with candles. I also created a little garden area at Dixie's with some of my goodies and that of a couple of other vendors Buzz and Barb!  I wish that the garden trellis was mine! Isn't it great!



We did some crazy picking this week. We is my friend Denise who I often pick with.  We found an ad on Craigslist a few weeks ago with doors.  He had a tractor trailer truck full of old vintage doors.  There were also a couple of old tongue and groove primitive  cabinets.  One was almost destroyed by water leaking into the truck.  We tried to get  good deal on them all....70! He was not ready to deal so we were waiting him out.  We went back this week and picked some "trash " piles he had and I was able to get lots of old wood.  There were pieces of the tongue and groove  wood, very old pair of shutters, white chippy wood, a couple pieces one which is blue nd one has purple paint.  I also bought a little metal stool rusty and green.  I will show you some  pictures of those goodies in a few days.

Thanks for stopping by.

Benita

I will be sharing this at:

Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Saturday Night @ Funky Junk Interiors
Vintge Inspiration @ Common Ground 
Show and Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Newcomer Party @ Debbie Do's Blogging and Blabbing



No comments:

Post a Comment