Friday, March 23, 2012

Trade Days & Montrose Marketplace

Thanks to all of you who sent me ideas for how to dress up my architectural element in my last post.   I have a couple of other similar pieces.  Two pieces are a portion of a door off an old primitive cabinet.  I will be sharing it soon.

Last weekend a friend and I traveled over to Daphne and Eastern Shore, Alabama.  The Fairhope Art Festival, Daphne Trade Days, and Montrose Marketplace were all going on. I left home around 5 am, picked up breakfast and filled up the car before meeting Denise at 6:15 near the Interestate in Pensacola.  We did not return to Pensacola until 8:30 pm and then we dropped off some of our purchases at Dixie's.

We arrived in Daphne by 7:30 but Trade Days did not officially open until 9 am. We went and scoped out where Montrose Marketplace was and picked up a few curb finds.  It was just some new lattice but still something we can use. 

There were people all over having yard sales and we found one estate sale and picked up some French posters, a bird bath, and a Johnson's Ironstone cream and sugar set.

Trade Day was great! The prices mostly were good other than the shabby chic vendors that were very high.

I could not believe it but I found something as soon as I arrived.  I made  list of a few items I wanted for myself and one of the items was an old library card catlog cabinet. Sure enough as soon as I arrive there it is.  Is is a small one but that is good because I have a small house.  Sorry I did not get a picture of the before but it was blonde wood and I of course have painted it white.




I don't have all the hardware back on yet.   You get the idea.  I also put casters on for eaasy moving.  You cannot imagine how heavy this cabinet is.  I plan to use it as an end table.




I also picked up this little terrarium type thing.  It is not old but I love them.  As you can see I haven't put anything in it yet.


A great little cubby painted gray.



Next is my broken concrete lady.



And this clock face.



And this metal base.  I have to figure out how to use it or attach it to something.

I also stopped by at Montrose Marketplace to meet Linda over at Coastal Charm. She was very sweet and she has such  cute booth with pallets and industrial goodies.  Here are a few pictures.  If you can get by to see it then you should definitely stop by.



I also visited a shop with lots of architectural elements doors, zinc elements, corbals ...my heart was swooning over them. I found an old kitchen cabinet from a 1909 home. It has the original glass knobs. White chippy paint. One side the doors are missing so I can stack and fill with ironstone and other goodies. It was only $110.  I am thinking seriously of going back to get it.

I hope you enjoy the goodies.  Thanks for stopping by ya'll.

Benita

I am sharing this at:

Vintage Inspiration Party @ Common Ground
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Show and Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Frugal Friday @ Shabby Nest







2 comments:

  1. Bentia,
    It was so nice to meet you last week, I will be sure to give you call the next time I head over your way.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. That card catalogue is neat...I definitely have one on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete