Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I'm Back!

Hi everyone!  Boy have I missed you all.  I have been very busy with my antique booth and I have added a second booth and of course I have filled it to over flowing.  I recently found  a great oak Sunday School table at a church sale which I sanded down, painted white and then stained over it.  I think it turned out great. It is 3 feet wide and 6 feet long.  It can be used as a dining table or a work table/desk.  I topped it with this great white cottage style hutch. 

Sorry it is not a better picture but if you check out all the picture you will see bits and pieces of it.  Of course it is loaded up with goodies.

As you can see I am using red, white, & blue in this booth and more true antiques.  I used my two matching vintage doors as a back drop.  One of course is now a chalkboard.  I also recently found an old  game tabletopd with red which is hidden behind the hutch. 



I found this great walnut washstand at a yard sale several weeks ago. I topped it with a small white pitcher and bowl, a watering can with red geraniums, a green piece of Rowe Pottery, and a little red glass oil lamp.   Underneath the table is an old picnic basket with a red plaid bow. 

As you can see I covered this wall with old book pages.  I just used  photo mounting stickers to attach them to the wall.

The shelf on the wall is very primative.  I purchased it for myself but it did not work for what I bought it for.   Sorry none of my pictures show under the washstand. You can see in the picture above also the old ladder back rope seat chair which I hung a wreath on and sat a great book on planting window boxes.

Below the dining table is a great white chippy table I found this past weekend at an estate sale. 
Sorry  it is a little blurry.






Here you can see the dining table  again and I tucked other tables beneath it.
The red table I also scored at a yard sale. It was alreay painted.  To the right you can see anothe ladder back chair.  It is a pale blue green color and the seat is a weaved thatch. I filled it with a red white and blue mirror and a white wood vintage box filled with a child's book about the flag and a red and white small plate with our forefathers signing the Declaration of Independence.   To the right you can see the lower part of the washstand and the picnic basket with a red plaid bow.


To the left is the bottom of a flag pole.  Here is the top of it.



This great plant stand I also found this weekend and I topped it  with this metal planter filled with some artificial greenery.  This was a find when a friend and I had a garage sale two weeks ago.  (Now you see why I haven't had time to blog! )

Here is a great pair of Raggedy Ann and Andy puppets.  I always loved my Raggedy Ann doll.
This little elephant pitcher is so adorable.   It was another estate sale find!

This past weekend was the best in terms of the number and quality of yard sales for the year thus far.  You can tell by all my great picks! 

This vintage ladder back chair with the rope seat I found along with 2 other chairs, two old table legs,  and a turquoise lamp. I found these at a little thrift store I regularly visit.   Below you cn see the old legs.

They were on a huge old dining table.  I had this table top which is sofa table size.  I plan to attach them sand down the top and shabby chic white paint it.


This is one of the other chairs.  Great color huh? I am going to put some chicken wire in the seat and it will be ready to plant.  It would be great on a porch.



I will be sharing more of my finds soon.  Hope you enjoyed your visit.

Benita

I am sharing this at:
Share the Love Wednesday @ Very Merry Vintage
Thrifty Nifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
White Wednesday @ Faded Charm
WOW Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style














3 comments:

  1. Glad to see that you are back:) Love how you covered your walls and your new space looks charming my friend. Loks like you are hitting some awesome yard sales.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your booth is certainly filled with all sorts of lovely items. I can see why it takes up so much of your time. Thanks for sharing, liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great booth. That little elephant pitcher is adorable! Thanks for linking up to Share the Love Wednesday!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete