Sunday, July 1, 2012

My Crazy Life!

I want to apologize to my followers for my long absence. Where have I been?  Well first it was here.

Recognize it?  This is the University of Tampa in Tampa, Florida where I went for a conference. A great example of architecture for the late 1800s.  You must see it when if you visit the area.  The Florida Historical Society. I also did some research on a project on WPA artist George Snow Hill and his wife who was also an artist.   I found their home.  See the pictures?


And here....


And here is a picture of his art which hangs in the Tampa International Airport.



And then I came home from this trip and my work load went crazy.  New classes with new material to familiarize myself with.

And then a trip to Opelika, Alabama to Resurrect Antiques and Angel's Antiques. If you are near you should go!

Here are some pictures of Resurrect.  This is a very inspirational place. Warning don't hit your jaw on the keyboard.




I didn't even show you any pictures of the industrial stuff they have! Awnings, metal industrial stairs, metal carts and tin roofing shingles.

Angel's Antiques is huge.  It took us all day to get through it and pic our treasures.  We fell in love in one booth with chippy, primatives, industrial, architectural items.  We got to meet the vendor Ben Herndon who offered to take us to his Dad's barn to pick some goodies.

This picture has some of the goodies I purchased.  Green blue corbals, chippy primative side table, industrial light covers, and architectural elements.

There were 3 of us and we hoped Ben might bring us the goodies but we had to do another trip...this time in one day.  It is about 3 hours from Pensacola.  

And then there is keeping up my booths....oh yeah I didn't tell you. I have a second booth at Alyssa's Antique Depot.  So I hope you will forgive me.  My work load is still heavy.  Changes in my class that we were not aware of causd twice as much wor for me and we are waiting to get it revised.  I hope by the time my next one starts that it will be corrected in August.  Please bear with me.  I miss you all so much.  I haven't even had time to be inspired by you all.

Hope to see you soon.

Benita

I am sharing this at:

Masterpiece Monday @ Boogie Board Cottage

Metamorphasis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm

Tuesday's Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

White Wednesday @ Faded Charm

Share the Love Wednesdday @ Very Merry Vintage

WOW Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style




4 comments:

  1. Oh, Wow! What a whirlwind! Fantastic pics of some fantastic stuff! Visiting from BoogieBoard Cottage. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/07/make-it-pretty-monday-week-4.html
    Wishing you a grand day. Toodles, Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... looks like a fabulous place! Thanks for linking up to Share the Love Wednesday--have a great weekend!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your treasures! I wish there was a place like that in Buffalo, NY! But, there is nothing. Not that I'm aware of anyway. How are the prices? I'd like to see what you have in your booths as well. Have a great summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hitting both of these shops this weekend while I am in Auburn with my daughter. I have been shooping them for a few years, since my girls have been living there.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete