Monday, August 13, 2012

Great finds and new location!

I have really missed blogging this summer.  I haven't even had time to visit some of my favorites like Coastal Charm and Savvy City Farmer.  My classes were crazy for summer.  Two new ones without advance notice!  Summer here has been very hot and very rainy.  Hot and rainy equals steamy here in Florida.

Here is what I have been up to.  I have a booth at a second locations.  Alyssa's Antique's is my new location and it is awesome.  Everyone there is friendly and helpful and it is a beautiful place full of inspiration!

Here are some of my recent finds and creations. 

This table I picked up a while back.  I have a guy now who does some of my painting. He does an awesome job.  He also painted the char which is really nice.

This little dresser is cute.  I have since shabbied it by sanding it down and roughing her up. On top you can see a little vintage board that I found some old antique brass hooks which will make a good place to hang coats, hats, and purses.


Here is my Snow White dress.  It is a handmade vintage dress  found recently.  I love the old picture next to it also. The glass in it is old and has bubbles. Below you will see the cute little table that was my idea and Darryl put it together for me.  It is an old cabinet door with the handle and lock and old hinges.  I originally painted the Farm Fresh to make it a sign an then I had the little table base and decided to put it on top to make a table.  I think it is adorable.

Tucked under the Farm Fresh table is a little table I painted a light gray.  It was a cherry looking wood and I think it turned out nicely.

Here is another angle of my booth at Alyssa's.  I like to cram it full!  In the back to the left is a vintage door with chelkboard.  To the right an old door with the glass out that  backed with burlap and hung the round mirror on.   In the middle is a great table that would work as a console or a desk.

This little chandalier I found at a yard sale.

Found objects in glass containers is my new obsession.  I am not sure anyone else is getting it because I haven't sold any of my glass containers.  Next time I will share my shelf full of glass in my booth.  Here are old player piano rolls.

Nice to be back....thanks for your patience in my absence.

Benita

I am sharing this at:

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Tuesday's Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
White Wednesday @ Faded Charm
Share the Love @ Very Merry Vintage
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Thriftin' On a Thursday @ Savvy City Farmer
Time Travel Thursday @ Brambleberry Cottage
Open House Party @ No Minimalist Here

3 comments:

  1. Benita,
    It's good to have you back with us. The next time that I am in Pensacola, I want to check out your new booth...looks like you have it full of charming goodies...love that old door.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, how I love a booth crammed full. It looks like there are treasures galore to unearth. Love your style, including the objects in the glass! Good luck getting back to blogging. Hope you'll stop over at Quirky Vistas when you have a chance. I'm a fellow Floridian (Southeast) and I'm now following. I hope you'll do the same if you like!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely things--I sure understand your thoughts on the glass containers--wonderful idea--sometimes customers have to dwell a bit on the thought before they buy it--I love that idea with the piano rolls placed in the glass for display! I'm bettin' those will sell soon.

    ReplyDelete